Elizabeth here from The College Housewife! I’m thrilled to be here on the Taylor Farms blog. I have been a long time salad lover and Taylor Farms is second to none when it comes to salad kits at home. I don’t know about you guys but salads are my absolute go to for lunches! I’ve had a blast over the years creating recipes with their salads. Some of my favorite recipes are Healthy Greek Chicken Pita wraps with their Mediterranean Crunch Salad and a Fall Harvest Gorgonzola Salad with their Sweet Kale Chopped Kit.
You’ve got to get your hands on Taylor Farms new Chopped Salad Kits. There are four new flavors and the Steakhouse Wedge salad has been on repeat in our house. It’s filled with crispy onions, bacon, steakhouse seasoning and rich blue cheese dressing. For a lighter summer swap out were topping this steakhouse classic with a steak… a cauliflower steak!
There really isn’t too much you can’t do with cauliflower these days and one of my favorite ways is a juicy, cauliflower steaks. These cauliflower steaks are a great base for any kind of sauce, basil, chimichurri, aioli, you name it! Today were keeping flavors bright for summer time with an herbed cauliflower steak with bright chimichurri. This salad makes for a great lunch or a refreshing summer side dish for 4th of July or a summer BBQ! Check out their store locator to find it near you!
Chimichurri Cauliflower Steakhouse Salad
1 Bag of Taylor Farms Steakhouse Wedge Chopped Kit
1 Head of cauliflower, sliced into steaks
¼ Cup of olive oil
1 Tablespoon of minced rosemary
2 Garlic cloves, minced
Salt & pepper to taste
1 Shallot, minced
1 Jalapeño, finely diced
4 Garlic cloves, minced
4 Tablespoons of red wine vinegar
1 Handful of cilantro, finely chopped
1 Tablespoon of fresh rosemary, minced
⅔ Cup of olive oil
- Preheat oven to 400 F.
- Line a baking sheet with parchment paper and set aside. In a large bowl arrange Steakhouse Wedge Chopped Kit and top off with bacon, crispy onions, and seasoning. Reserve dressing until topping.
- In a small bowl whisk together olive oil, rosemary, and garlic cloves for cauliflower steaks. Arrange steaks on baking sheet and brush with olive oil mixture. Season liberally with kosher salt and freshly cracked black pepper. Bake for 25-30 minutes or until golden brown.
- In a food processor add in shallots, Jalapeño, and garlic cloves. Pulse mixture until chopped. Add in rosemary, red wine vinegar and slowly drizzle in olive oil until mixture is emulsified. Gently pulse in the cilantro until mixture is combined.
- Dress salad with blue cheese dressing and arrange cauliflower steaks on top. Drizzle with chimichurri sauce and serve.
- June 4, 2020Taylor Farms Showcases Flavor of Fresh at PMA Fresh Summit!
- June 4, 2020Taylor Farms Salad Products Hit Sweet Spot of Consumer Demand
- June 4, 2020Taylor Farms and Sakata Seed Surprise Salinas Community with Flower Bouquets
- June 4, 2020Taylor Farms Retail Team Joins Forces with 365 by Whole Foods Market
- June 4, 2020Taylor Farms Releases First Stir Fry Kit Recipe Video in October Series
- June 3, 2020Taylor Farms Proudly Sponsors Ag Against Hunger Woman of Year Event