Cinco de Mayo is right around the corner, which means time for fun, celebration and best of all, Mexican-inspired cuisine. With everything from traditional taco salads to avocado tomatillo nachos, here are some easy recipes to kick start your Cinco de Mayo celebration with the flavor of fresh!
Spice up your traditional nacho lineup with Avocado Tomatillo Hatch Chile Nachos – we promise they are as tasty as they are pretty!
You can’t go wrong with our delicious Mexican Chimichurri Chicken Salad – a party favorite for all salad and Avocado lovers.
This Southwestern Taco Salad is a traditional staple that delights taste buds and takes under 15 minutes to make (healthy and easy are two of our favorite words too).
Lastly, what’s Cinco de Mayo without a refreshing margherita right? ( tequila optional of course for our dry folks or mom’s to be!) We’ve looked to one of our favorite food stylists, The College Housewife, for the perfect marg. In this recipe she recreates a flavorful frozen mango margarita originally developed by The Husbands that Cook!
Frozen Mango Margarita with a Chili Rim
Serves: 2 Prep Time: 10 min
- 1 Cup of silver or gold tequila
- 1/2 Cup of triple sec
- 1/4 Cup of lime juice
- 1/4 Cup of simple syrup
- 20 Ounces of frozen mango chunks
- Ice Cubes
- Tajin Spice
- Lime Slices
- In a blender, combine the tequila, triple sec, lime juice, simple syrup, mango chunks and ice. Blend just until smooth and no chunks of ice remain, usually less than 30 seconds.
- Pour a few tablespoons of Tajin spice onto a small rim plate. Wet the rim of a glass by rubbing it with a cut wedge of lime, then dip the rim in the Tajin, coating it evenly. Repeat with the remaining glasses, and garnish each one with a slice of lime. Pour the blended margaritas into the prepared glasses and serve. Cheers!
- July 17, 2019Blogger Takeover: Our Balanced Bowl's Roasted Garlic Green Goddess Tacos
- July 16, 2019
- July 15, 2019Test
- July 10, 2019Taylor Farms 2019 Scholarship Luncheon
- July 3, 20196 Refreshing Eats To Celebrate The Fourth of July
- June 28, 2019Blogger Takeover: College Housewife's Chimichurri Cauliflower Steakhouse Salad