Choppy is Ready for the Produce Mascot Race! Coming up on Friday, July 21, Ag Against Hunger is hosting its 7th annual Produce Mascot Race, and Taylor Farms’ mascot Choppy — named for our delicious Chopped Salad Kits — is ready to compete!
This year’s Fight Hunger Night-Produce Mascot Race will take place during the Friday night performance of the California Rodeo Salinas. Starting at 6:30 PM, the track will be full of mascots who will race toward the finish line in a sprint (combined with a special challenge.) The Rodeo and Ag Against Hunger came up with the idea of racing mascots in 2011 and the program has been a success ever since.
“Choppy has been training extensively in anticipation of Big Week,” shared Kacie Vieth-Ragsdale, Director of New Product Development, Taylor Farms and Ag Against Hunger Board Member. “The Taylor Farms team is looking forward to rooting him on this Friday evening! The Mascot race, benefiting Ag Against Hunger, has become a tradition that Taylor Farms is proud to support. The mascot race symbolizes of the spirit of our industry; Growers, Shippers and Processors come together to raise funds and awareness for a great cause, with a little friendly competition.”
To enter in the mascot race, each company pays a fee of $1,000 which is donated directly to Ag Against Hunger. The entry fees, along with a few other donations, have resulted in the California Rodeo Salinas donating over $65,000 to Ag Against Hunger over the last 6 years!
Come to the Rodeo and help us cheer on Choppy!!
Want to attend the California Rodeo Salinas this year? We’re hosting a local giveaway for packs of rodeo tickets! One pair (2 tickets) for Saturday and one family pack (6 tickets) for Saturday.
Here’s How to Enter:
- Visit the NEW Starbucks in the Taylor Building at 150 Main Street in Salinas
- Place your business card or full name and contact information in the boot placed at the register
The two winners will be selected by random drawing on Friday the 21 at 2 pm.
Good Luck & Happy Big Week from all of us at Taylor Farms!
- September 2, 2020Five Flavorful Recipes for the Three-Day-Weekend!
- September 1, 2020Just Add Protein: Easy Recipes To Elevate Your Favorite Salad Kits
- August 24, 20203 Fun and Easy Back To School Recipes
- July 16, 2020The Flavor of Fresh with a Summer full of Salads
- July 2, 2020Summer of Salads
- July 2, 2020Five Flavorful Dishes for The Fourth of July