A huge congratulations goes out to the winner of this season’s KSBW Golden Whistle Award, Tessa Mauro! She teaches English at Seaside High School and has coached their swim team for the past three years.
Coach Mauro was nominated for this award because of her “unique dedication” to the school. She used to be a student at Seaside High, swam competitively for the swim team, and she is now “paying it forward” as the coach!
Coach Mauro “holds practices early in the morning and runs meets late into the night,” and she is “also an academic mentor who puts in many hours working with her co-teacher in her English classes.”
“I do not know of many teachers that can say they now teach and coach at their alma mater,” says nominator Anthony Morales, her co-worker at Seaside High School. “Coach Mauro has non-swim events with her team to celebrate the team and their camaraderie. Each and every one of her swimmers feel like they are part of a larger family here at Seaside High and that is priceless.”
Watch full highlight video here:
- April 17, 2018Living Green is Second Nature to Our Director of Sustainability
- April 16, 2018THREE Things You DIDN’T Know about Sustainability at Your Favorite Fresh Foods Company!
- April 12, 2018Springtime, Spring Mix!
- April 6, 2018Celebrating our 1000th Instagram Post with a Giveaway!
- April 4, 2018Adios Weeknight Meal Struggles
- April 3, 2018Build an #RDapproved Salad With Staying Power