Earlier this week Taylor Farms sponsored and attended the sold-out second annual Organic Produce Summit in Monterey, CA. OPS featured a collection of highly anticipated panel discussions, educational programs, tours and an expo with 120 producers of organic fresh fruits and vegetables.
The energy and excitement of the intimate two-day event brought together top industry leaders from across fresh produce industry. Team Taylor exhibited and showcased our wide range of organic products, including Organic Chopped Salad Kits, Organic On-the-Go Single Serve Salads, Organic Salad Blends, and Organic Veggies, at our booth.
“The 2017 OPS show proved to be another success,” shared CJ Given, Director of Sales, Taylor Farms. “We believed in the event when it was first pitched to us 3 years ago and as a founding sponsor it’s great to see the show grow again this year. The show was filled with quality and informative sessions and an impressive line-up of keynote speakers who covered top of the mind topics in the organic produce segment. It’s not often we get this many top national and region retailers in our backyard and is always great to provide tours that showcase our innovation and sustainability projects.”
In addition, while retailers were in town for the Summit, we were part of the OPS Field Tour on Wednesday — we hosted a tour of our Salinas salad plant and lunch at Taylor Farms Retail plant for nearly 30 retailers and media. Attendees learned how we’re able to wash, chop and ship about 5 million pounds of packaged lettuce per week utilizing advanced technologies in both automation and sustainability.
“In all my travels in visiting processing centers around the globe, I’ve yet to see the elevated level of automation than what I just saw at Taylor’s facility in Salinas,” shared Dave Corsi, VP Produce and Floral Operations, Wegmans.
This year’s Organic Produce Summit was a great success and we look forward to the event again next year!
- June 21, 2018Dive Into Summer 2018 with Taylor Farms’ Summer Salad Guide
- June 19, 2018First-Ever Fresh Food Company to Receive Highest Level Certification Under TRUE Zero Waste Program
- June 14, 2018Salinas Valley Blogger Tour Showcases Top Agriculture in Monterey County
- June 14, 2018Avocado Ranch is All You’ve ‘Avo’ Wanted!
- June 7, 2018Congratulations to Our Own Nicole Flewell on Being Recognized as a Climate Change Advocate!
- May 29, 2018Team Taylor Rallies Together to Raise Over $52,000 for Relay for Life