This past weekend the historic streets of Salinas were host to the 6th Annual Food and Wine festival (August 11 – 13). Taylor Farms is proud to have been a sponsor of this wonderful, independent event.
The festival is ran by a group of dedicated volunteers in partnership with the non-profit Oldtown Salinas Foundation. It raises funds for a variety of worthy non-profit organizations, including: The Boys and Girls Club of Monterey County, the Oldtown Salinas Foundation, the Greenfield Police Explorers and Sun Street Centers.
The festival kicked off with a mixer on Thursday, a Wine Maker’s Gala dinner Friday, and the main event on Saturday. Saturday’s main events consisted of exhibits and booths featuring a variety of local wines, artisan craft brews, live music and the best in culinary arts the Salinas Valley has to offer. At the Taylor Farms booth, we were sampling two of our Chopped Salad Kits,the Farmhouse Bacon and Mediterranean Crunch.
“We take pride in organizing an all-volunteer led event supported by dozens of dedicated Salinas residents, who appreciate the fine wine and good food and are excited about this year’s festival,” said Rosemary Soto, chairwoman of the 2016 festival. “The event is brought to you by the incredible support of local organizers, performing artists, businesses, merchants, wine makers and masters in the culinary arts who simply want to share the beauty and richness of the Salinas Valley.”
With Salinas as our hometown, Taylor Farms is happy to support this event year after year. Just a year ago Oldtown, dubbed the Salad Bowl of the World, became home to our Taylor Farms headquarters, as well.
According to Soto, the mission of the festival is “creating a space where Main Street comes to life with a celebration of pride in our community – of the arts, culture, wine and food.”
- June 21, 2018Dive Into Summer 2018 with Taylor Farms’ Summer Salad Guide
- June 19, 2018First-Ever Fresh Food Company to Receive Highest Level Certification Under TRUE Zero Waste Program
- June 14, 2018Salinas Valley Blogger Tour Showcases Top Agriculture in Monterey County
- June 14, 2018Avocado Ranch is All You’ve ‘Avo’ Wanted!
- June 7, 2018Congratulations to Our Own Nicole Flewell on Being Recognized as a Climate Change Advocate!
- May 29, 2018Team Taylor Rallies Together to Raise Over $52,000 for Relay for Life