Ag Against Hunger recently hosted its 24th annual Agricultural Woman of the Year luncheon at Paraiso Vineyards by Smith Family Wines in Soledad, California. Taylor Farms was proud to be a Platinum Sponsor of this empowering award and attend the event to help celebrate the 2017 Woman of the Year recipient — Tonya Antle, Cofounder, EVP, Organic Produce Network.
“One of the greatest gifts I can give is spending time with and helping to inspire young women in the produce industry,” Antle shared. “These bright and enthusiastic women reaffirm to me that the future looks bright for our industry. My mentor, Frieda Caplan, has done the same for me over my career, so I in turn, have paid it forward ever since.”
Ag Against Hunger is a nonprofit organization that works with local Monterey county growers, packers, and shippers (including Taylor Farms) to distribute more than 12 million pounds of surplus fresh produce to food banks each year.
Kacie Vieth Ragsdale, Director of Product Development, Taylor Farms Retail, has been on the Ag Against Hunger council for four years, and she helps select the recipient of this award.
“The Agricultural Woman of the Year is someone who embodies what Ag Against Hunger is as an organization, and someone who works tirelessly to promote, preserve, and protect agriculture in the Salinas Valley and beyond,” says Kacie. “This yearly award luncheon is one of the main fundraisers for Ag Against Hunger, and it raises awareness about the organization.”
We congratulate Tonya on being named 2017’s Ag Woman of the Year by Monterey County’s Ag Against Hunger.
Find out how you can get involved in Ag Against Hunger.
- July 20, 2017Tasty Picnic Salads to Help You Save Time & Stay Healthy this 4th of July!
- July 19, 2017Taylor Farms & Hope Hummus Organic Snack Packs Have Hit West Coast Starbucks Locations
- July 19, 2017Fight Hunger Night at the California Salinas Rodeo
- July 18, 2017Rock Your Ride (& Raise Money) for Tour de Fresh at CYCLEBAR
- July 18, 2017Showcasing Wide Range of Organic Products at Organic Produce Summit
- July 15, 2017Guest Blogger: POPEYE THE SAILOR MAN!