Taylor Farms hosted a Farmers Market at our headquarters in Salinas, CA on Friday, March 14 – just before Easter – so employees, their families, and the community could stock up on fresh produce for their Easter meals. For a $20 donation, attendees of the pop-up Market received a purple Taylor Farms-branded tote bag and they were able to fill it with donated Taylor Farms product.
We’re proud to report that over 100 people attended this event and together we raised a total of $2,400! Proceeds will go to supporting Relay For Life – American Cancer Society.
“I am always happy to help support the ACS and Relay For Life as cancer has directly impacted my life,” says Shirley Kiley, one of our original Taylor Farms employees. “I lost my father when I was 11 years old, so I am proud that I work for a company that is so generous in its efforts to arrange and organize these fundraisers. Not to mention I receive the benefits of fresh healthy veggies! The Chopped Salads are always a hit at my house and we use Taylor Farms spinach every morning for a healthy smoothie to start the day!”
“It felt really good to donate and help others and the Relay for Life because I remember walking at the Relay for Life the last few years with my little brother in his stroller and my friends,” says Liam Roberts, 10 years old, seen here with dad Josh Roberts who works at Taylor Farms. “The Farmers Market was cool because we got veggies to take home and have for Easter Sunday. My favorite salads are the Caesar salad and the Asian Chopped Salad and my favorite lettuce is the plain romaine. I also like the snack packs.”
Fresh produce to support American Cancer Society Relay for Life. What more could you ask for? Thank you to everyone who participated in this great event!
- June 21, 2018Dive Into Summer 2018 with Taylor Farms’ Summer Salad Guide
- June 19, 2018First-Ever Fresh Food Company to Receive Highest Level Certification Under TRUE Zero Waste Program
- June 14, 2018Salinas Valley Blogger Tour Showcases Top Agriculture in Monterey County
- June 14, 2018Avocado Ranch is All You’ve ‘Avo’ Wanted!
- June 7, 2018Congratulations to Our Own Nicole Flewell on Being Recognized as a Climate Change Advocate!
- May 29, 2018Team Taylor Rallies Together to Raise Over $52,000 for Relay for Life