Today marks the official first day of Fall. We hope you’re as excited as we are about this time of year – leaves are changing, weather is becoming crisp and cold, the holidays are quickly approaching, and some of our favorite vegetables are now in season! To celebrate, we are showcasing some of our favorite fall recipes to utilize these fresh and delicious veggies. (But really, who needs an excuse for good food?)
Full recipes are below, and check out all of our recipes here.
ROASTED BUTTERNUT SQUASH SOUP
- 2 lbs. Taylor Farms Butternut Squash Cubes
- 1 medium sweet yellow onion, chopped
- 4 tbs. fresh sage chopped
- 4 Tbsp. butter
- 6 cups chicken broth
- 1 small Gala apple, diced
- 1 cup heavy cream
- Fresh lemon juice
- 1 Tbsp. honey
- Sea salt
- Black pepper
- 1/4 cup toasted walnuts, chopped
Preheat oven to 375°F. Place Taylor Farms Butternut Squash Cubes in baking dish and pour 2 cups chicken stock over squash.
Place squash in oven and bake until tender, about 20 minutes, then let cool.
While squash is roasting, melt 3 Tbsp. butter in large saucepan over medium heat. Add onion, sage, and nutmeg and reduce to low heat. Cover and cook until onions are translucent; about 8 minutes. In a separate small sauce pan, make sage butter by browning remaining butter and adding sage once brown.
Stir and remove from heat.
Stir in diced apple and remaining stock. Bring to a simmer and cook uncovered until apples are tender; 12 minutes.
Once squash is roasted add to saucepan mixture and let simmer for 6 minutes.
Puree squash pan mixture in a food processor until smooth. Add puree back to pan and season with salt & pepper. Garnish with roasted walnuts, honey and sage butter.
Pear & Walnut Salad
- 3 cups Taylor Farms Butter Lettuce
- 3 cups Taylor Farms Hearts of Romaine
- 2 Ripe Asian Pears, sliced
- 1 cup candied walnuts
- 1/2 cup crumbled goat cheese
- 1/4 cup Italian Herb Dressing
In a large salad bowl blend butter and romaine lettuces.
Add pear slices, walnuts and goat cheese. Drizzle with dressing and toss.
Serve and enjoy!
- 5 cups Taylor Farms Spinach
- 2 Tbsp. extra-virgin olive oil
- 1/2 cup milk
- 2 white onions, chopped
- 2 carrots, chopped
- 2 celery ribs, chopped
- 2 cloves garlic, smashed
- 2 handfuls mushrooms, sliced
- 1 Tbsp. black pepper
- 5 cups water
- Parmesan cheese
In a large pot, boil 5 cups water with onion, carrots, celery, garlic and mushrooms to make homemade vegetable broth. Once boiling, bring to a simmer and cook for 30 minutes.
In batches, place equal parts spinach and vegetable broth, in blender or Vitamix and puree until smooth. Repeat with remaining spinach and broth. Place soup in original vegetable broth pot and heat. Add in olive oil and milk; whisk well.
Once soup is hot, ladle soup in bowls and top with cheese. Serve and enjoy!
Cheers to a Flavorful Fall for All!
- April 1, 2020New and Improved Veggie Trays
- April 1, 20204 Easy Grilled Recipes + a prize for your kitchen!
- March 31, 2020Delicious Thanksgiving Recipes for your Guests to Gobble Up!
- March 31, 2020Kick off The New Year with A Simply Delicious Recipe!
- March 30, 20206 Refreshing Eats To Celebrate The Fourth of July
- March 30, 2020Easy Homemade Meals + a Giveaway!