For ten years, Taylor Farms has been awarding college scholarships to outstanding students looking to further their education, and this year, the program doubled!
Recently, we held the 2018 Taylor Farms Scholarship Fund of the Community Foundation for Monterey County luncheon and awarded 20 students – more than ever before – college scholarships. These recipients are all children of active, full-time Taylor Farms employees.
Congratulations to the 2018 recipients:
- Juan Carlos Rios Rodriguez – California State University, Long Beach
- Hector Juarez-Vargas – University of California, Berkeley
- Grayson Michael McGrew – University of California, Los Angeles
- Justin Farias – California State University, Monterey Bay
- Daniel Munoz – Cal Poly Pomona
- Diego Ramirez – California State University, Chico
- Christian Ortiz – University of California, Davis
- Dylan Urias – Arizona State University
- Javier Acosta – Arizona State University
- Joshua Alfaro – San Francisco State University
- Paola Estrada Tena – University of California, Davis
- Maria Elisa Santiago Cruz – University of California, Santa Barbara
- Giselle Camarena Rodriguez – San Jose State University
- Nini Isabel Preciado – Arizona State University
- Denisse Garcia Zavala – University of Arizona
- Maria Guadalupe Jaramillo – San Jose State University
- Sarahi Ramirez Cortes – California State University, Monterey Bay
- Griselda Tizcareno – Arizona State University
- Melissa Rios Arias – University of California, Merced
- Grace Niccum – Northern Arizona University
To support students throughout their entire academic career, each recipient receives an upfront check for $5,000 with a guaranteed renewal of $5,000 for every year they remain in an undergraduate or graduate program at a university. This year, in addition to the $100,000 for the new recipients, the program awarded over $150,000 in renewed scholarships.
“I have so much respect and admiration for Taylor Farms. Their commitment to higher education and to our community is incredible,” said Miguel Zavala, 2015 Taylor Farms Scholarship Recipient and UC Berkeley, School of Law, Graduate. “Their generosity and support has allowed me to achieve my dream of graduating from Berkeley Law.”
The Taylor Farms Scholarship Program was formally developed in 2012, although we have been awarding scholarships to students since 2008. The scholarship member selection committee consists of 12 Taylor Farms employees, and to date has awarded over $1 million in scholarships to 95 recipients.
- April 1, 2020New and Improved Veggie Trays
- April 1, 20204 Easy Grilled Recipes + a prize for your kitchen!
- March 31, 2020Delicious Thanksgiving Recipes for your Guests to Gobble Up!
- March 31, 2020Kick off The New Year with A Simply Delicious Recipe!
- March 30, 20206 Refreshing Eats To Celebrate The Fourth of July
- March 30, 2020Easy Homemade Meals + a Giveaway!