Yesterday ten deserving students who are children of active, full-time Taylor Farms employees received $5,000 scholarships from the company to help advance their collegiate careers. The scholarships will be renewed annually, up to four years, as long as the students remain enrolled in undergraduate or graduate programs.
This afternoon the scholarships were presented at a luncheon hosted by Taylor Farms and Mark Campion, President of Taylor Farms Retail. For the first time, the scholarship checks were presented in Spanish by Rigo Ramirez, Director of Operations, Taylor Farms Retail.
Though the company has been awarding scholarships since 2008, the Scholarship Program was developed formally in 2012. The 12-member selection committee includes six people from Taylor Farms’ Retail division and six from the Foodservice division who serve two-year terms. To date, the company has awarded $320,000 in first time scholarships and an additional $220,000 in renewal scholarships.
“We believe strongly in providing the children of our valued employees the opportunity to pursue their collegiate dreams and succeed,” said Stacey Bolding, Human Resources Manager, Taylor Farms and Scholarship Chair. It is the pathway to rewarding careers in the fields of their own choosing.”
This year’s recipients include:
- Salvador Ramirez – California State University, Monterey Bay
- Paloma Villa – San Diego State University
- Cindy Alvalos – California State University, Monterey Bay
- Adela Contreras – University of California, Davis
- Yessenia Isabel Acosta Terrazas – Arizona State University
- Angelica Romero – California Polytechnic State University
- Luis A. Valencia – University of Arizona
- Brenda Cecilia Lee Rodriguez – California State University, Chico
- Keztla Ramirez – University of Arizona
- Madeline Saldana – University of California, Berkeley
We are proud to support our employees and their families and to help bright young people achieve their full academic potential.
- April 1, 2020New and Improved Veggie Trays
- April 1, 20204 Easy Grilled Recipes + a prize for your kitchen!
- March 31, 2020Delicious Thanksgiving Recipes for your Guests to Gobble Up!
- March 31, 2020Kick off The New Year with A Simply Delicious Recipe!
- March 30, 20206 Refreshing Eats To Celebrate The Fourth of July
- March 30, 2020Easy Homemade Meals + a Giveaway!