A little over a year ago, we opened our brand new headquarters in Oldtown Salinas! This exciting move was the first step towards CEO Bruce Taylor’s goal of revitalizing the city.
More than a dozen new businesses have opened their doors in recent months, including a Cal State Monterey Bay satellite campus at the National Steinbeck Center and the Western Growers Center for Innovation and Technology.
By opening the company headquarters in the center of town, Taylor Farms hopes to create “the living room of Salinas,” using it as a catalyst to start the revitalization of downtown Salinas, which consisted of about 60 percent empty storefronts when the project began.
Taylor Farms believes that succeeding in making Salinas healthy will depend on the whole town embracing the concept and reconnecting to downtown. Rather than having a cafeteria be located in headquarters, the company instead encourages team members to go out and be a part of the community.
“We are so excited about all the changes happening in Oldtown, and hope that in some small way we can play a role in the revitalization of Salinas,” says Lauren Hattersley, Owner of Farmers Union Pour House and Taylor Farms employee. “Since we have opened, I have been completely overwhelmed by the excitement and support from our community. I hope the momentum continues and other business choose to invest in this great city.”
New businesses that opened or will open soon in oldtown include:
- Alliant Insurance
- Farmers Union Pour House
- Samz School Of Music
- Brighteyes Bath-n-Body
- Monterey County Foster
- Aon Insurance
- Growers Express
- Deadend Magazine
- Portobello’s (coming soon)
- 1st Capital Bank (coming soon)
- Gifts On the Go (coming soon)
- Casona on Main (coming soon)
- November 21, 2017Happy Thanksgiving! It’s #ThanksGiveaway Time
- November 20, 2017Hop on the Spiralizing Train
- November 17, 2017How to Be Friendsgiving Ready
- November 15, 2017America Recycles Day: Celebrating Zero Waste at Work!
- November 14, 2017The Evolving Fresh Produce Industry Invests in Young Talent
- November 7, 2017Veggies Take Center Stage on the Plate