Who would’ve thought healthy lifestyles can be contagious? A new survey by Nielsen Perishables Group reports that a majority of respondents in the U.S. today report that they’re eating healthier now than they were two years ago. Nearly two thirds said they are trying to buy healthier foods.
However, not surprisingly, many indicated eating right in an “on-the-go” lifestyle is a challenge. That’s where Taylor Farms comes in, right in the sweet spot of the growing health-conscious consumer demand for packaged salad kits that provide a convenient, delicious and healthy choice.
The Nielsen research showed that salad kits, like Taylor Farms Chopped Salad Kits, are stealing the spotlight by placing a sweet spot. Packaged salads overall accounted for $3.7 billion in sales over the past year, up eight percent from the prior year. But complete salad kits are growing the most — a whopping 31 percent from the previous year.
Prepackaged organic salads – like our spring mix and baby arugula, kale, romaine, and spinach — also are growing faster than the average, with a 12 percent increase in sales over the previous year. The survey reports that nearly half of consumers choose natural and organic options when available.
Packaged salads that include a protein accompaniment – like our Single-Serve Salads that include chicken, turkey, ham and bacon – also are popular with consumers. Nielsen reported that 61 percent cite products that are high in protein as an important influence when making purchase decisions.
Busy people crave healthy meal options and simple ways to prepare a fresh, tasty, healthy salad in minutes. Taylor Farms packaged salads are the perfect solution.
For even more inspiration for quick, healthy meal options, take a look at our latest recipe videos.
- June 4, 2020Taylor Farms Showcases Flavor of Fresh at PMA Fresh Summit!
- June 4, 2020Taylor Farms Salad Products Hit Sweet Spot of Consumer Demand
- June 4, 2020Taylor Farms and Sakata Seed Surprise Salinas Community with Flower Bouquets
- June 4, 2020Taylor Farms Retail Team Joins Forces with 365 by Whole Foods Market
- June 4, 2020Taylor Farms Releases First Stir Fry Kit Recipe Video in October Series
- June 3, 2020Taylor Farms Proudly Sponsors Ag Against Hunger Woman of Year Event