Taylor Farms is pleased to welcome Labor of Love to Salinas. This program, which started in Yuma, Arizona, honors and recognizes the thousands of hardworking people who work in the fields to bring food to our tables.
Our first participation with Labor of Love came this week when we visited an automated romaine harvesting crew of 34 people to surprise them with breakfast at their 8 a.m. break. They also received thank you letters from Taylor Farms along with $20 Walmart gift cards enclosed.
“At Taylor Farms people are the key to our success,” said Christina Barnard, director of marketing Taylor Farms Retail. “Showing appreciation and support for their dedication and hard work is the foundation of our family culture.”
The hands-on effort, launched by the Yuma Fresh Vegetable Association (YFVA), already reaches millions of people in surrounding communities to highlight the program’s activities, let people know about the important contributions of farm workers to our industry, and learn how to share the love with workers.
In addition to “Breakfast at the Farm” activities like ours this week, Labor of Love promotes random acts of kindness throughout the growing and harvesting season and features crew member profiles on its website, in the media and via social media.
The program was created in response to numerous community members in Yuma who wanted to know how they could show support for the farm worker, according to Steve Alameda, president of the YFVA.
Labor of Love is another great way to show our tremendous respect and appreciation for the hardworking people who plant and harvest in our delicious, nutritious high quality produce.
See complete video highlight here:
- June 4, 2020Taylor Farms Showcases Flavor of Fresh at PMA Fresh Summit!
- June 4, 2020Taylor Farms Salad Products Hit Sweet Spot of Consumer Demand
- June 4, 2020Taylor Farms and Sakata Seed Surprise Salinas Community with Flower Bouquets
- June 4, 2020Taylor Farms Retail Team Joins Forces with 365 by Whole Foods Market
- June 4, 2020Taylor Farms Releases First Stir Fry Kit Recipe Video in October Series
- June 3, 2020Taylor Farms Proudly Sponsors Ag Against Hunger Woman of Year Event