The Big Game is this Sunday and our friends at Beijos Events are sharing a delicious menu and party decor essentials to score big points with your crew.
1. BBQ + FOOD
Come for the football, stay for the tasty food. It wouldn’t be football’s biggest day without some delicious food to nosh on while you’re rooting for your favorite team. Break out your grill, if weather permits, and whip up two tasty appetizers: Maple Bourbon Bacon Flatbread and Beer Marinated Chicken Wings. You can always cook these on the stove.
Maple Bourbon Bacon Flatbread
“I love Taylor Farms chopped salad kits! There are endless ways to use them. One fun way is to create a salad flatbread. It’s healthy, easy to do, and is a crowd-pleaser. You can choose to make your flatbread, or buy store-bought. I usually will always do mine from scratch, but when it’s a busy event like Super Bowl, no one will judge!” Grab the recipe here.
When you think about football, chicken wings are a must! Grab the recipe for these finger-licking Grilled Beer Marinated Chicken Wings below and serve with your favorite Chopped Salad Kit.
Beer Marinated Chicken Wings
2 1/2 lbs chicken wings and drumsticks ( you can even use chicken tenders too for the kids!)
1/3 cup cornstarch
2/3 cup beer ( I used IPA since we are serving that for hoppy hour)
1/4 cup soy sauce
2 Tbsp honey
1/4 tsp onion powder
1/2 tsp smoked paprika
1/2 tsp chili powder
2 tsp Frank’s Red Hot Sauce
1/2 tsp salt
2 tsp rice wine vinegar
2 cups of your favorite BBQ sauce
Freshly chopped cilantro for garnish
Black Sesame Seeds for garnish
- Rinse the chicken wings in cold water and dry thoroughly with paper towels. If you are using boneless chicken tenders, do the same.
- In a medium bowl, stir together the cornstarch with salt and pepper. Add wings to the bowl and toss to coat evenly. Shake them to get the excess cornstarch off before adding them to the marinade.
- In a separate bowl, stir together the rest of the ingredients except the bbq sauce. Add the cornstarch coated wings to the marinade. Marinate for at least 30 minutes in the refrigerator. I like to do mine overnight, one less thing to do the day of.
- Over indirect heat, grill the wings for 20 minutes, lid down. Brush the wings with the BBQ sauce and grill for an additional 5 minutes or so until they are cooked through. Keep an eye on the chicken tenders, as they make go faster since there are no bones involved. Each grill works differently, so be sure to keep an eye on it.
- Take the wings off the grill and place in a bowl with the remaining BBQ sauce. Toss to coat. Place your wings in a serving platter and sprinkle some black sesame seeds and cilantro sprigs on top.
2. BEER STATION
Celebrate hoppy hour with your favorite beers! You can prepare ahead time with a little help from these growlers from Growlerwerks, that keep your beer fresh, cold, and carbonated for two weeks. Add a fun customized bartender mat and some non-alcoholic options and water cups to stay hydrated!
3. TOUCHDOWN DECOR
“Add signage for a pretty touch, and to let friends know exactly what’s up! Its hoppy hour and we are chowing down on some yummies today.” The details make the design, try adding some fun balloons in your team’s colors or go classic with silver and gold. Display a menu so guests know what to expect from this fun and delicious day and get the party started. May the best team and the best meal get eaten first!
Be sure to share your Game Day Snacks with us on Instagram.
- September 2, 2020Five Flavorful Recipes for the Three-Day-Weekend!
- September 1, 2020Just Add Protein: Easy Recipes To Elevate Your Favorite Salad Kits
- August 24, 20203 Fun and Easy Back To School Recipes
- July 16, 2020The Flavor of Fresh with a Summer full of Salads
- July 2, 2020Summer of Salads
- July 2, 2020Five Flavorful Dishes for The Fourth of July